There will not be a release on October 3rd and 4th, water level in the Quemahoning Reservoir is too low. Very doubtful that the release shown on the schedule for the 17th and 18th will occur. Our area is in the midst of a drought. Hopefully next year will be better.
If the weather holds, we will be having a Middle Yough Trip this Sunday, the 20th. The weather is forecast to be dry but cool. This is a great paddle for beginners and seasoned boaters as well. But be prepared; wear clothes appropriate for the potential of a swim and air temperatures in the mid 60s. PFDs are mandatory. We meet at Ram Cat Parking area at 10 AM to set shuttle, launch around 11 AM. Bring lunch for on the river. Contact Rick Bloom for details.
Somehow it rained enough to fill the Quemahoning Reservoir! The Release scheduled for this weekend (September 19 & 20) is back on schedule. Enjoy.